Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Yer doin' what now, hon?"

Seems crazy, yes?  Children: ages 3 & 2.  Married (very happily).  Middle School Teacher.  And I'm going back to school to get a Doctoral degree in Education (EdD-Curriculum & Instruction).  Where, pray tell, does this fit into my life?  And what on earth was I thinking?  I actually do have a tendency to think things through.  And I realized, that if I start this now, my oldest child will be between 9 & 11 when I graduate (pending a massive legal research publication by yours truly).  This means  his mother will not have her nose in a book at soccer practice (unless it is a novel of her choosing!), or have her laptop open working on her dissertation.  His mother will be finished all of that.  And at present, their bedtime is before 8 p.m.  So mommy has several uninterrupted hours of work time (at least for now).

Some might say that I need "me" time.  Correct!  I do belong to a gym (where I will be reading my course material on the bike, no doubt)... But the fact is, for me, this is "me" time.  I am a hopeless nerd; a fact which I not only can't deny, but have come to embrace.  Grad school was a rush for me, as I felt great satisfaction in reading challenging texts, and producing quality papers.  Now, before you start thinking too much of me, I also greatly enjoy toilet humor and country music.  Call me well-rounded.  And a little bit crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment