Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My bundle of "joy" arrived today...

...and I'm not talking baby (2 is plenty for me)!  My "bundle" of books arrived at my house today.  When I pulled up from work, I found this...

At first, I did a double take... whaaaaaat?  Yes, I ordered all the books for the entire doctoral program, but still... This is a LOT of books!  In sets panic!  So, instead of puking, or reconsidering, I grabbed my cell phone and took this picture. 

I've thought a lot in the last week or so about this decision to go on in school.  Is it selfish?  Will I regret it?  Will I finish the program?  How many times a month will I be in tears from exhaustion or stress?  Am I smart enough?  Will my family suffer as a result of this decision?  Was the decision the right one to make?  And I suppose the answers are, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, and I still don't know.  I'm not the type to not finish something, so quitting is unlikely.  But the rest--we will have to wait and see.  For now I'm resting in the feeling that this is the right thing for me to do.  I just rely on those nerd juices to keep me going.  And more than the nerd juices, it is the settling feeling in my heart, that most likely this is part God's plan for my life.  I can't take a doctoral degree to heaven, nor can I take all these darn books!  But, I can use it to make a difference, and that's what I hope to do. 

As a final thought tonight, before I get to my reading and stay awake this time.... When embarking on a journey into unknown territory, especially one that seems challenging... I rely on my dad's wisdom... He says, "If you start to panic, you might get light-headed.  So take a deep breath, put your head down between your legs... and kiss your arse goodbye!"

Love that humor :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment